Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Black Cod

Tonight I made Black Cod in broth. Inspired by Eric Ripert (Le Bernadin) I made two different broths. The first was a ginger-lemon broth: I sauteed garlic, ginger, shallots and forest mushrooms, added chicken broth and simmered for 20 minutes. The second broth was a sage and garlic broth. I infused a cup of chicken broth with garlic, sage leaves and a rind of parmesan.
I put the black cod skin side down (yes the fishmonger had left the skin on) in a hot skillet with a little canola oil and cooked it until the skin was crispy. I then turned it over and cooked the other side for 2-3 minutes and put the pan in the oven (at 350) to finish cooking.
In the meantime I sauteed some baby bok choy with garlic and ginger.
I strained the broths.
To serve, I placed a piece of cod on the bok choy and poured the broth into the bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment