Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pork Tenderloin with Braised Fennel

Tonight's dinner: pork tenderloin with braised fennel, creamed endive and baby arugula.


I quartered a large fennel bulb and browned the cut sides in a skillet with olive oil. The braising liquid was garlic, anchovies and fennel seeds, crushed together in a small pot. I added wine wine, reduced it by half and then added chicken stock and some olives. I then covered the fennel bulbs with the stock, covered the pan and stuck it in the oven (at 320) for an hour.
The pork tenderloin was marinated for an hour in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and sage leaves. I then put it in the oven for 25 minutes. (I served it with a little of the fennel braising liquid)
The endive was quartered, sauteed in butter and then I added a little cream.
The baby arugula was dressed with a champagne vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment