Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Local Wines

As much as possible I like to use local products. Local meats and vegetables taste better - they are fresher and more flavourful than food that has traveled thousands of kilometres. By buying local products you support local farmers and the local economy.
So if you're going to eat local food shouldn't you drink local wines? Particularly as local Niagara and Prince Edward County wines have been getting good reviews recently.
Here's the problem: While white wines from Ontario are good - especially Riesling - I am not convinced about reds.
But Ontario red wines have been getting rave reviews, particularly the 2007's (often described as the "greatest vintage ever" for Ontario reds.) So I thought I'd try a few.
Here are my notes:

No comments:

Post a Comment