Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cod with onions, white beans and thyme

I bought a piece of black cod at Lapointe on my way home (I asked where it was from and they told me it was "pacific" - anywhere from Chile to Alaska. I really need to find out more about fish sustainability)

Tonight I roasted the cod - heated up a frying pan (one that can be put in the oven), poured in some olive oil when the pan was really hot, added the cod (skin side up) and left it for a couple of minutes so it got nice and bronzed. I then turned the fish over and put the pan in the oven (pre-heated to 450) for 10-15 minutes.

I served it over a bed of onions and crushed white beans. Simple! I chopped some onions and fried them in olive oil. Added a drained can of white beans (I used navy beans) which I mashed slightly. Added half a cup of white wine (and turned up the heat for a minute or so to burn off the alcohol) and lots of fresh thyme. Seasoned and cooked on medium for 10 minutes.

I napped the fish with some leftover parsley sauce.
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment